Entry into the UK can transform lives: it can reunite families, provide protection from persecution and can offer the chance to start a new life. But, seeking the right to immigrate into this country has become progressively more difficult as further controls have been introduced.
Our immigration team has extensive experience of helping clients to enter or remain in the UK and can advise on a wide range of immigration law matters, including:
- Family reunion applications
- Entry Clearance/Visa applications at non EEA British Embassies for visitors, husbands, wives, fiancées, other family members, students, working holiday makers and many others;
- Applications for limited or indefinite leave to remain/humanitarian leave to remain;
- Domestic violence applications by spouses for indefinite leave to remain;
- Right to private and family life applications;
- Work permit, student visas, training and work experience permit applications;
- British Citizenship – naturalisation and registration applications.
Ahmad & Williams Solicitors holds a contract to provide publicly funded (legal aid) immigration law advice. If your case is eligible, we will assess you for legal aid funding eligibility.
We have expertise and specialist knowledge in the areas where immigration law overlaps with family law. In cases of relationship breakdown, our solicitors can advise people living in the UK on spousal visas on immigration status and general family law matters including divorce and child residence and contact.
We have extensive experience of advising victims of domestic violence who are living in the UK on spousal visas. In such cases, we are able to assist with applications for indefinite leave to remain in the UK, as well as obtaining emergency injunctions from the Family Court. We work closely with women’s refuges across the region and can provide you with the guidance and assistance you need.
Law Society Accredited Immigration Solicitors
Our Immigration solicitors are qualified under the Law Society’s Immigration Law accreditation scheme. This means that their knowledge and expertise has been rigorously and independently assessed.
Our immigration lawyers often work closely with specialists from other departments in the firm, including family and child care solicitors who assist where domestic violence or relationship breakdown is an issue in immigration cases.
Speaking your Language
At Ahmad & Williams Solicitors, we understand that effective communication could make all the difference to an immigration application. Members of our team are speakers of a variety of Asian languages, including Urdu, Bengali and Punjabi and we are able to provide the services of interpreters for all other languages.